A maintenance Work Order is an artifact that can be created and tracked as work on a specific vehicle is in progress and completed. Work orders are the second step in the maintenance process. Use work orders to track communication with your service provider (mechanic, maintenance worker, other) in order to keep your fleet up and running.
Here you can track Work Orders across all vehicles in your fleet. Sort by Vehicle or by Work Order Status using the drop down menus at the top of the list.
Creating a Work Order
Creating a Work Order Manually
- Login to GroundCloud.io
- Go to the Work Orders page found under the Fleet Management section of your portal
- Click and fill out its details
- Select your vehicle and fill in the description. The description field can contain whatever information you would like.
- When all information is input, click to create the Work Order
Create a Work Order from a Reminder
When creating a Maintenance Reminder, select the option to Automatically create Work Order.
When the Reminder becomes due, a Work Order will automatically be created based on the information in the Reminder. It can then be tracked and completed from the Work Orders page of the portal.
- The ability to create work orders from your DVIR inspection reports automatically
- The ability to email a PDF of your maintenance work order to your mechanic without the need for a fleet manager login for them.