GroundCloud Mobile Device Management (MDM) allows for increased connectivity and interaction with enrolled tablets from the GroundCloud portal.
The newer GroundCloud MDM functions similarly to the legacy MDM. Tablets can be sent remote updates, locked down for driver use, and unlocked for manager use. The new MDM also comes with upgrades to several key features:
- Remote updates are faster and more reliable.
- Remote Screen Sharing with GroundCloud Support.
- Improved location services.
- Device specific lock screen with asset information and GroundCloud wallpaper.
- Apps can be updated via the new ME MDM app - a call to support is no longer required every time an app needs an update!
All tablets that are managed by GroundCloud MDM
services have been transferred to the new GroundCloud MDM. Tablets that are currently enrolled in the legacy MDM will need to be reset in order to complete their enrollment and enable new MDM features.
If your tablets are not currently enrolled in GroundCloud MDM and you want them enrolled, they will need to be sent to our office to be added to the platform. This allows tablets to be locked down with limited app use. Please contact GroundCloud Support at 218-864-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To confirm if your devices are already enrolled in the new MDM, look for the ME MDM application on your tablet. No further action is needed.
To confirm that your device is enrolled in the old MDM, go to the iPad Settings > and the upper left corner will say "Managed by Windigo Logistics," if you see this, follow the steps below:
The following will walk you through how to reset your iPads and enroll them into the new GroundCloud MDM. This can be done at any time, and tablets that have not been reset will still function normally in the interim.
1. Open the tablet's Settings
2. Go to General
3. Select Transfer or Reset
4. Select Erase All Content and Settings
5. Click through the following pages to continue with the reset.
6. If prompted, select Erase All & Keep Data Plans
The tablet will power down and begin the reset. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
Once the tablet powers back up, you will be prompted to set up the device as if it were new. You will need to proceed with selecting the following:
c) Choose "Set Up Manually" on the Quick Start page
d) Connect to a WiFi Network (if available)
After selecting your WiFi Network, your screen will say "It may take a few moments to set up your iPad"
7. If asked to transfer apps, choose Do Not Transfer
8. When the Remote Management Page appears, select Next
9. Click Allow to enable location services
10. Open the GroundCloud app and allow location services.
11. Open the ME MDM app and allow location services.
12. Open the Settings app 13. Scroll to the bottom of the left side menu and click on GroundCloud 14. Click on Location 15. Set Location Services to Always
16. Repeat this step with the ME MDM app
Your iPad is reset and ready for use!
For additional questions or support, please contact GroundCloud Support at 218-864-7900 or email@example.com